Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Jin Lim @ Jinnyboy – The first


YouChannel


Jim Lim, local Deejay of Hitz.fm who is also my first known youtuber introduced by my sister. Well, I’m not that old ya’know. I mean I know that there are some people posting beautiful shorts in youtube, just that I've never bother to go check it out till then. 

Okay, cut the crap and back to Jin. Let’s start off with a little introduction about Jin.

Jin Lim, or more popularly known as Jin from Hitz.fm, is the DJ who hosts the Hitz Party show, which airs every weeknight from 8 pm – 12 am. This multi-talented radio host / emcee / photographer discovered music at the tender age of 14. In high school, Jin performed lead vocals in a rock band he formed with mates, which went on to produce a hit single on hitz.fm, entitled Fever. Jin’s career in radio hosting took off when hitz.fm recruited him in 2008, co-hosting with Adam C at one point on the night show before taking it over solo. Being on air is a demanding job, but Jin works hard at what he believes is fun doing – sharing the latest music, being the voice behind the microphone, not to mention interviewing celebs which are the talk of the town!

I first knew Jin through a video he made call “Abuden”. I gotta admit it is the funniest video ever. The word “Abuden” means “Duh” in English. While you’re watching the video, you’ll find how people often ask questions (well more like repeating your actions in words) even they know or they see what you're doing at that time.

After this video, I searched for some other videos of Jin and found a few more. One of my favorite is “My Generasi”, a video dedicated to those who born in the 80’s & early 90's. This is exactly how my childhood was (see, I’m not old!). I shared this video to my friends in Facebook, and most of my friends re-shared it to their friends.

Then comes the short – “Unfold Part 1”. A common storyline; common as in it’s something that happens or happened to us or our friends around us. Something that you don’t aware of, Jin turned it into a beautiful short. Later on, Jin released “Unfold Part 2”, which of course in my youtube playlist as well and it was just as good as the first one.

There are also a few good ones which you can watch it here. Locals would easily get the meaning of those clips.




Good job Jin, and keep it up. Subscribe or follow Jin on youtube, twitter or erm, tune into Hitz.fm if you wanna listen to his voice. 

1 comment:

  1. And he was born in Subang Jaya - I read that in http://www.malaysiaresume.com/contribute/jin-lim

    ReplyDelete